Monday, September 3, 2012

Never a dull moment...

Life.
No matter how many times I say, "Oh, after this week or after this month things will calm down." It NEVER happens!!
That's life...
Never a dull moment!! Once you get through one stressful event, another one comes along!
Time to just accept it and not let it throw me off course. Be flexible! Be creative! Be consistent!
For the past month, I have been saying, "Once the kids go back to school, things will get better. I will be able to get back into my routine." Well...guess what?!? It hasn't! Things have gotten even more nuts! September has turned out to be a crazy busy month! First of all, we are moving...so I have to pack my house. And to add to that, I am throwing a bridal shower, having a birthday party for Sydney, have to get my new house unpacked and beautified in two weeks for the wedding rehearsal dinner, have all of Mike's family in town for the wedding and finally be the BEST darn matron of honor for my sister in law (more like my real sister, though)! Whew!! Oh, and a lot of church responsibilities in the midst of all that too. But, don't get me wrong...I LOVE every single one of these things! It's just keeping me very busy!!
And, when I get "outside" disturbances that interfere with MY schedule, I tend to make excuses as to why I should put my schedule on hold till things "calm down". I have come to realize that...I just can't do that! I have to "Be flexible! Be creative! Be consistent!" otherwise I will never get to my goal. I may have to get up earlier or find other ways of getting the activity in...just don't put it off! Because once you put it off...and talk yourself into being ok with it...it's that much easier to keep doing that. Push...Push...Push!! Keep the momentum going!! Embrace challenges! It will only make me that much stronger! Sure...it will be stressful, but you know what...that's life!!
Since, I have been a little more relaxed with my normal exercise routine, I have noticed myself eating more and craving more unhealthy foods. Another BIG reason as to why I need to not let anything interfere with my exercise. Exercising regularly, for me, really helps me to make smarter food choices. And, one thing that I have learned, is that I can exercise all day every day, but if I eat like crap, my results will be slow going. And...I don't want that! Food has been the hardest adjustment for me. I have all these plans and ideas in my head as to how I want to eat. I know that planning and preparing my meals/snacks ahead of time is key to my success. It's just motivating and forcing my butt to do it that's the challenge. So...that is really what I need to focus on! I need to allow myself the time needed to plan out my meals and snacks...allow myself the time needed to prepare things ahead of time. If the healthy food is ready to go...I won't grab the unhealthy convenience food. Be diligent! Be patient! Be prepared!
"Weight Loss Journey"...that's exactly what it is...a journey. I am constantly learning new things and having to rethink something that I'm doing. I wish I knew all the answers and exactly what I need to do, but I don't. I am taking this day by day and staying open minded to change. This is a life altering experience for sure. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around that fact that I have lost almost 70 pounds and I have made some huge changes in just 8 months. What an awesome feeling that is!! These little hiccups that I have been having, are just fine...because they force me to look within and really try to figure out what makes me tick. It's a great way to learn and grow as a person. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. But, I do want to be the best person I can be. And to do that, I have to be willing to admit my shortcomings and change. There's nothing wrong with making some changes...it doesn't mean that I've failed...it just means that there is always room for improvement. :)
Although...it's pretty hard to improve on my awesomeness!!  LOL! Just kidding! :) :)

No comments: