Friday, May 4, 2012

Simple Goals and Dreams of a Fat Girl...Revised

I did a post back in September about my goals and dreams for when I lose weight...and a lot has changed since then. I still have the same goals that I listed back then, but now I have even more goals. Better goals...more active goals. :)
I have been SO limited physically with what I have been able to do over the past...I don't know how long... TOO long...that's how long! Here...let me just give you a breakdown of my weight timeline, just to give you an idea of how long I have been restricted by my size.
High school years 150-180 lbs...early 20's 200-230 lbs. (newly married)...mid 20's 250-260 lbs (just had the boys)...late 20's I hit over 300 lbs (had Sydney). When I got pregnant with Sydney I was 320 lbs and I weighed as much as about 380 lbs during the pregnancy. After her, I got down to about 360 lbs and joined WW and got down to 302 lbs (Soooo close to getting under 300). But, I gained it all back and then stayed around 330 lbs for a long time. I eventually climbed back up to 375 lbs by the time I started WW in January. I am now 334 lbs and consistantly losing pounds and well on my way to getting back down under 300 lbs. My goal is July 15 (my birthday) to be under 300...a little ambitious...but, I know if I don't hit it by then, I will very soon after that. I have been over 300 lbs for more than 8 years, so when I see a 200 number on that scale...I will probably cry or faint or who knows what...I'll be excited that's for sure!!
So...anyway...back to my goals and dreams. Since, I have been losing weight and inches, I have had desires that are totally different than 8 months ago, or even 4 months ago. As part of my exercise routine, I have to walk intervals. And, lately, I have been jogging a little. Granted, my jog is slightly faster than a skinny girl's walk...but regardless of that I am jogging! And...can I just tell you how liberating running is? It feels like I am breaking free...from whatever...almost like I am breaking through a wall. It feels great!! So, I am going to be slowly training to be able to run longer and faster. *GASP* Yep, that's right! Soon enough...I'm gonna be runnin"! :)
Here are some of my goals and dreams...in no particular order.
1. Run in a race. Not sure which one(s) or the distance...but it sounds like fun!
2. Repel down a mountain
3. Go White Water Rafting somewhere. I have always been afraid that if I fall out, I won't be able to pull myself back in.
4. Drive a jet ski and not be freaked out that I'm going to fall off and be stranded in the middle of the lake. Also, the same fear as #3.
5. Drive a race car!! I do a pretty good job in my hot-rod mini-van, but it's just not the same!
6. Go camping. Right now I have to sleep with a breathing machine because of my Sleep Apnea, so I haven't been able to go.
7. Get on an Adult Softball team. I LOVE sports, softball especially. I would have so much fun playing again.
8. Put on a formal gown and go on a "Prom" date with Mike. I never went to prom in high school and I have always wanted to get all fancied up and go out. And, I want to do it when I can fit into whatever dress I want and look HOT!
9. I want to lay down on the couch with Mike and snuggle like we used to before we were married. You know...the "spoon" position and just snuggle and watch a movie. I really miss that!
10. I want to be able to walk into my kids' classrooms and not feel bad that they have a "fat" mom. I don't want them to have to defend me to their friends. They have enough drama at school.
11. I want to play Hide and Seek with the kids and have a better hiding spot than the shower.
12. I want to race my kids and keep up or even beat them!
13. I want to go to Red Rock or Valley of Fire and just have fun hiking all over and not get winded or tired. I love to explore and hike around, but my size and stamina has kept me from doing a lot.
14. I want to go to a water park and not be embarrassed.
15. I want to wear cute clothes...especially Levi's. I am tired of my sloppy black capri's and I'm sure everyone else is too! :)
16. I want to get rid of my C-PAP breathing machine by the end of the year.
17. I want to sit in a chair and not worry that it will break.
18. I want to fit in a booth and have room to move and breathe.
19. I want to sit next to someone and not take up half of their seat space with my arms.
20. I want to get off of all of my medication!!
So, there it is...the simple goals and dreams of a fat girl. Soon enough I will be able to cross some of these off!! But, until then, I will picture myself doing them while I am sweating and working hard to achieve them. :)

3 comments:

The Whittacres said...

I like to comment but I am not sure...you leave me speechless...I am just so thankful for you letting me be a part of your cheerleading team. If anyone can do those goals. You can!

Leah Haas said...

You are one of the bravest person I have ever met. I am so proud of you and inspired.

mylettersofhealing said...

You are AWESOME!! Amd will soon be reaching these goals and soooo many more! Keep up the good- no incredible- job that you are doing. :D