Monday, November 14, 2011

I Love Me...my "Top Ten" lists

One of the things that is very difficult for many of us to do is... compliment ourselves. Sure, we can point out ALL of the things we don't like, no problem. But, how often do we really recognize the things that we love about ourselves?
Whenever I read one of those "Self-Help" books...you know, the books that are supposed to answer all of our questions. And, the most common question being..."What am I doing wrong?!" Half the time, I end up more confused after reading it than I was before! But, one thing that is frequently stated, in all these books, is...that we need to love ourselves, if we are going to be able to care enough to make a change. It is also suggested that we look in a mirror, and say that you love yourself and then compliment yourself.
Well...let me just tell you...I feel STUPID doing that! I am not going to stare at myself in the mirror and get all serious and declare my love to myself. Not going to happen! I wouldn't be able to stop laughing! But...just because I can't do that particular exercise, doesn't mean that I can't do it another way. I can do it by writing it down. I fully agree, that it is important to actually take a moment, and compliment and even congratulate yourself for being you.
So, I have put together some of my "Top 10" lists. And, I challenge everyone to do the same...
10 Things I Love About Me
1. I love that I am a cheerful person and can usually greet everyone with a smile.
2. I love that I can communicate openly and easily with just about anybody.
3. I love that I am open-minded and am willing to listen to all opinions...even if they're all wrong! ;)
4. I love that I am creative and can come up with an off-the-wall story without much to go on.
5. I love that I am witty and can zing without much thought...this one gets me in trouble a lot though! :)
6. I love that I am artistic and have a talent with drawing and other crafts.
7. I love that I am honest because it keeps me out of trouble...for the most part.
8. I love that I am very knowledgeable about music/entertainment. I know a lot about...who sings what...who is in what band...who acted in this movie...that kind of stuff. I kick butt at that category playing Trivial Pursuit! Not that I'm bragging. ;)
9. I love that I have a great sense of humor and can make people laugh. It also helps when life gets tough.
10. I love that I am approachable and that people feel at ease coming to me for whatever their need may be.
10 Best Qualities (Physically)
1. My eyes~ they are big and change colors
2. My fingernails~ they are strong and thick and when I let them grow, they look better than the fake nails.
3. My hair~ growing up I always wanted spiral curly hair and now I have it without getting perms.
4. My smile~ My dad says it lights up a room. I've also been told that it is a Joker smile.
5. My curves~ I have an hourglass figure, believe it or not...right now, it's overflowing and holds about 24 hrs, but...back in the day it was KILLER!
6. My calves~ they have a nice shape...not currently...but they will again soon!
7. My skin~ it is soft and has a very nice shade especially in the summer when I am tanned.
8. My lips~ I love that I have full lips...both lips. I was told once by a friend, that she was jealous because they are the perfect shape and hers were non-existant. Made me feel good!
9. My pinky fingers~ they are crooked and they give my hands character.
10. My toes~ they are well sized and I have good toenails.
So, there it is folks...My Declaration of Love to myself. Honestly, it was fun to do. Helps me appreciate me. No matter how difficult and frustrating losing weight is, there are just some things about me that I don't want to change. And, once I conquer this weight thing...WATCH OUT!! ;)

1 comment:

The Whittacres said...

LOVE it! I am sooo doing it on my blog!