Thursday, November 3, 2011

Got help?



Don't you just hate it when you have to ask for help?! I do!
But, it is amazing how 4 little words can take away so much stress, like the words... "I need your help."
As nice as it may be to have the powers of Wonder Woman, or to have a magical wand...it's not going to happen. But, can you imagine if it did?! That would be...AWESOME!...but it would also be very dangerous, I think.
I tend to be very stubborn, I like to figure things out on my own. But, sometimes, I just hit a wall and I need help. For example, I was just recently trying to figure out how to reorganize something and I had all these ideas in my head and I wasn't sure if they would work. Well, ordinarily, I would just try them out myself, and hope for the best. Mainly, because I don't like to bother Mike with "decorating/organizing" ideas. He doesn't have much interest in it, plus he has a lot of other things on his mind. But, this time, I decided to throw my ideas out there, and to my surprise, he was more than willing to offer suggestions. As a result, we came up with a really good plan. And I ended up saving myself a lot of headaches and extra work because I said those 4 little words..."I need your help."
And, when it comes to house work, I really don't like asking for help. Partly because, only I know how to do it the right way! ;) But, seriously...I feel, that since I am a stay-at-home mom, I should be able to get everything done. Mike has his work with Microsoft that keeps him busy and the kids have school and sports that keep them busy. So, I don't like to take away their "free" time with chores that I feel are my responsibility. And, just to let you know...these thoughts are entirely in my own head...and in no way have Mike or the kids caused a stink when I ask them to do something. I just like for them to be able to enjoy some "playtime" without having to help mom with "her" work. But, whenever I say this to Mike, he gets upset and says, "We are a family and we work together." So...now, when I get behind or overwhelmed with household chores, I say those 4 little words, "I need your help."
My most recent adventure, as we all know, is with my weight loss. And, I am using those "4 little words" a lot more than I would care to. But, you know what...I am ok with that. Because, I have been getting a lot of great advice, great conversation and great workouts as a result. So, not only are those "4 little words" helping me physically, they are helping me mentally and emotionally as well.
I am SO blessed to have so many people in my life, that when I do say, "I need your help." I get it from every direction. And, all I can say is...I am one lucky girl!!
So, for all of us that don't like to ask for help...just remember, "Many hands make light work". And, sometimes we have to swallow our pride and realize that we can't do it all!
Sucks don't it!! :P
On a different note...as for my "no soda" challenge last week, I'm sad to say...I didn't do so well.  :(  I started off good...then I cheated a little...then, it just went downhill from there. So...I am going to keep on trying. I'll just have to watch how much I'm drinking, and put myself in "time out" when I've had too much. LOL!  I did weigh myself though, and I lost 1.4 lbs. And, considering Halloween was this past weekend, I think that's pretty good. :)

1 comment:

The Whittacres said...

Yay Jill! I can so relate with the housework stuff...but unfortunately there are time we have to take the humility and ask for help. I hate that! But ya know. I am proud of you for stepping on the scale and 1.4 lbs ;-) You should be proud!!!