Thursday, March 22, 2012

Staying on track...keep it going!



It's amazing how quickly your body adjusts to what you're doing to it.
Last week was a not so good week for me. For the most part, I am in a relatively cheerful and positive mood everyday. I feel that I am good at looking on the bright side of things. And, I also try to stay aware of where my head is and where my thoughts are. By doing that, I am able to keep myself under control. But, last week I was struggling. Wednesday, especially, was a bad day...and I don't really know why...it just was. My emotions were all over the place. I think, with the combination of PMS, Mike being gone and just being tired...I needed a break.
Normally, on Wednesday's, I walk for about 20-30 minutes, do a little X-Box Kinect dance and sports, then do my 30 min. circuit training, and end with 10 minute interval walking (I do this on Monday too). But, last Wednesday, I didn't do any of it. I was tired and in a terrible mood and I just needed to have a day, that I didn't have to worry about anything. And, it was really tough for me to allow myself to do that...I was having a war in my head all day about it. But, one thing that my trainer has said...is that I have to listen to my body and if it needs to rest, then let it. As long as, one day doesn't turn into several days.
So, I was listening to my body. But, then I wanted to EAT! And I did!!  What started as a day of rest, ended in a day of eating and not paying attention to points. And, to be completely honest...I was OK with that.
I am allowed 52 points per day to eat...which is actually a lot. Weight Watchers calculates the points each person is allowed by their weight and a couple of other factors. So, since I am so heavy, I get more points. As I lose weight...I will lose daily points. Anyway, getting back to Wednesday...I ATE where I wanted and what I wanted. And, at the end of the day, I decided to calculate what I ate just to see how many points I used. I ate a whopping 95 points that day!! It's unreal how easy it was too...no wonder I have gained so much weight over the years! After I saw that, I looked at my weekly extra points and my activity points and luckily I was covered. But, I was still worried about my weigh-in. And, surprisingly I lost 1.8 lbs that week!!
It took me several days to get out of my rut. I didn't exercise for the next few days. I did journal what I ate and stayed within my points though. I also wasn't as strict with what I ate either. But, I made a promise to myself to get back into the swing of things again on Monday. I have worked too hard and done too well to get lazy again! I am seriously excited about the path that I am on right now and I am SO ready to get rid of ALL this weight!!! I don't want to screw it up! I have a tendency to give up when things start getting hard, but I WILL NOT let myself do that!!
So, I fulfilled my promise and got back on track Monday! Yay Me!! That's a huge step and a big deal for me! What was surprising was, when I started my circuit, I could tell that my body had been lazy for several days. It didn't take long to lose some of the strength and stamina that I had built up over the past 2 months. But, I pushed through it and have been keeping up with my schedule all week.
My favorite quote right now is "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." That is SO true!!
So, here is my progress so far in 11 weeks...
~Total weight loss: 25.4 lbs.
**I have lost something every week except one week that I gained 1.6 lbs.
~Total inches lost: 20.25" over my whole body
**breakdown is: waist 9.5", hips 4", chest 4" and the rest in my arms and thighs
~I have been soda free the whole time!! Yes, I do miss it...the taste of it. :(  But, I don't miss how it made me feel. Now, I get a BIG glass of ICE COLD water...lots of ice! It really quenches the thirst and sometimes satisfies the temptation to snack.
~I hugged Mike and was able to clasp my fingers together!!
~I have more energy and my brain feels more alert.
~I can tie my shoes without passing out from holding my breath while I bend over!! ;)
This list will keep growing as time goes by...and I can't wait to see what else I'll be able to do! :) :)

2 comments:

Chanell said...

Jill... you are awesome!!! Congrats on all your progress... keep up the hard work!

Sam and Kaylee said...

I love this! I remember reading your post months ago about this being one of the things you wanted to tackle. I bet it feels amazing to check that off the list. Super big Congrats!