Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I like to move it, move it!

So far...so good!! :)
This was a SUCCESSFUL week!! Went to my first WW meeting and lost 8.2 lbs!! WooHoo!!
Only 191.6 lbs to go...**SIGH** But, you know what...I can't look at it like that. I have to focus on smaller goals like 10 lbs at a time or 5% at a time. That feels more achievable and less depressing.
And, I am happy to say that, the weight loss isn't my only success this week. I saw my trainer for the 2nd time and had my first workout. And...I survived!! It feels so good to move this body!  Yes, I have been staying active over the past few months by walking and some Kinect Sports, but nothing real strenuous. Until now...
With the concern and kindness of a great friend of mine, I was introduced to a gem of a lady. This lady is multi-talented, and is going to have a huge influence on my transformation. She is gonna push me, teach me, guide me, motivate me and encourage me. Not only, is she a trainer, she is a nutritionist and a therapist too! SCORE!! Plus, we get along spendidly and can relate on many levels. Can't get much more perfect than that! My future is looking brighter and brighter everyday!!
And, my attitude right now, is right where it needs to be. I am excited to do more and do better, instead of being pissed because I can't have "this" or have to do "that". I am beginning to push myself...which is unheard of! I am making smarter food choices. I am doing exercise that is fun and not so mundane. I just have to sat that, I LOVE the X-Box Kinect! We have Sports, Dance, Zumba and a couple of other things that really get me moving and sweating. SO much more fun than the plain 'ol gym workout! Plus, I can get the kids and hubby involved and get a little friendly (most of the time) competition going on. And, let me just say this, in the most humble way possible...I KICK BUTT!  I may be stuck in this oversized body, but I still got moves...and I ain't afraid to use 'em!
To top it all off...I have cut down TREMENDOUSLY on fast food and I have only had 1...yes, that's right...ONE soda this week! Yay me!!
But, I am not telling myself "no" because that triggers my inner rebel that says, "oh really...we'll see about that!" I just have to keep reminding myself of the bigger picture and what I need to change, in order to succeed. Even though, it's only been a week or so of eating better, exercising more and drinking very little soda, I can feel some changes. I am more alert and feel less bloated. And, that's what I have to think about when I want fast food or soda. I won't eliminate it, but I will cut it way down.
And, the more smart choices I make...the faster this weight will come off! Think thin...think healthy...think...cute clothes! :)

2 comments:

The Whittacres said...

I am so excited for you! Work it, work it work it! Shake that bootie!

Kathryn Grant said...

You are awesome! I feel so blessed to know you!