Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ready...Set...Go!


This week has been an eventful week! Some of the events were good...and some not so good.
Let's focus on the good...sort of...depends on how you look at it! :)
I went back to Weight Watchers this week! WooHoo!! I am pleased to announce that I have become a professional Weight Watcher Joiner!! I can fill out that membership paperwork like nobody's business!!
One thing that I have been able to do over the years of going to meetings off and on, is "Leader" shop. Which means, I know which WW Leader that I like, so I picked my meeting accordingly. Each leader has a different style of teaching the same thing. I have been to leaders that are so OVERLY enthusiastic that it makes me want to throw up. And, I have also been to the hum-drum style that acts like "is the 30 minutes over yet?" Neither one is my cup of tea. When I joined a year and a half ago, I really liked my leader, so I am attending a meeting with her. I feel that a leader can really make or break your experience...same as a teacher does for students.
So, I walked into my meeting and headed over to the counter to join and she immediately recognizes me and gives me a big hug welcoming me back. Isn't that nice! :) She says, "I can't remember names , but I DO remember faces!" I wouldn't expect her to remember my name, especially since we rarely use our names. But, the fact that she remembered me a year and a half later...of not going for very long, I might add...made me feel good! Even the girl behind the counter recognized me! I must be one of those people that you just can't forget! ;) LOL! Don't know if that's good or bad...
Anyway, after all of this excitement of "Oh! Welcome back" "Glad to have you back!" I still had to do the thing that I dreaded most. Step on the scale. I can't say that I have been very careful of the calories that I have been consuming, so I knew it wouldn't be good. But, I am an adult and I will take full responibility for my actions.
Are you ready?! Here it is...after taking out all of my pocket contents and stripping as much as I could and going to the bathroom one last time...I stepped on the scale. There it was...374.8 lbs. **SIGH** OK. Kinda what I expected. Doesn't make it any easier to see though.
One thing that I try to do as a mom is be completely open and honest with my kids. I feel that if I expect them to respect me, I should show them the same respect. They are just as concerned about me as I am of them. So, I let them know what is going on and what I am doing to try to get healthy again. I think they appreciate that, it helps them feel like they can be my supporters.
When I came home from WW, Brett asked me how things went. He knew that I saw my trainer Friday and Weight Watchers Saturday (Brett has actually attended a meeting with me in the past). So, I told him that it went really well. He then asked me how much I weighed. So I responded, "Too much." He then says, "No really, mom, how much?" I then told him. And, Brett, being the sweetheart that he is said, "That's not that much Mom." So, I had to laugh and thank him for being so sweet. And then, Colby chimed in and said, "Well, at least it's not 400 Mom, that's good!" Brett then agreed.  I have the sweetest boys!! I told this to Mike and he just simply said, "They love their momma."
As hard as it is to see that number on the scale...I know that it's the result of the decisions that I've made. And, I have no regrets, only lessons learned.
Time to take what I have learned and do what I need to do!

2 comments:

Michelle H. said...

I'm very proud of you Jill! You CAN do this!!

Leah Haas said...

Jill, You CAN do this. One step at a time. The first week will be the hardes and you know that. Just be perfect for one week and it will get easier. I am so proud of you. Your honesty is refreshing and there is no way that I could post my weight.