Monday, October 10, 2011

So grateful...

I often sit on the couch and close my eyes (usually when the kids want something) and then reflect on my life. And, each time I do, I am more grateful for everything that I have. But, what I am most grateful for, are the relationships that I have with the people in my life.
I think, that I am more fortunate than most because, I have been spoiled my whole life in countless ways. I grew up with the most awesome parents...I married the most awesome man...I have the most awesome kids...and over the years I have made the most awesome friends.
What a great life I have!! I am SO blessed!!
I feel, it is so important to not get too consumed in my own drama because it will keep me from seeing what really matters. And that is, the people that I love. I am pleased to say, that the only things I really struggle with...that I feel are worth mentioning...are my constant battles with eating right and exercising. Luckily for me, those are fixable! And, the best way to help me fix them, is to have good people around me.
Another important factor in being able to grow as a person...is to be aware of how I am behaving. Mike is not a very vocal person, especially with anything that is stressing him out. So, I feel, as a wife...that isn't always easy to live with, by the way...it is important for me to check in on him. I frequently give him the green light to vent and let me know if I am irritating him in any way. I expect him to say no of course. But, on the RARE occasion that he says yes, that helps me know how I am behaving. Since, he is the one that sees all my moods...lucky guy!...I trust that he knows what he's talking about.
And, boy...do I ever have some GREAT people in my life. And, they are all SO supportive to me. I know how frustrating it must be, to watch me do these things to myself, and constantly say I'm going to do something about it, and then I don't. But, that doesn't keep them from loving me and sticking by me.
My parents... They have always been so encouraging and have joined different programs to be my buddy and help cheer me on. They do all they can to help educate me or motivate me or just offer advice. I had a fantastic childhood with two extremely loving and giving and understanding parents. They were such great role models in so many ways...and still are. They help me out in so many ways that they probably don't even realize.
My husband...what a trooper! As a wife that has gained over 150 lbs in her marriage, it is so hard to feel beautiful and desired. But, I tell you what...he sure knows how, to make me feel beautiful and desired. And I am SO grateful for that!! He listens to me at all hours of the night. He would do absolutely anything for me. He is my rock and my true soulmate.
My kids...they are my life! And, I am their mom, no matter what size I am! They don't care. Of course, they have their worries too and they want me to play with them more. But, to them, I am just the extra squeezably soft mom with the big smile and even bigger hugs!
My friends...Growing up, I usually only had one really good friend at a time. I am better with one on one than I am with a crowd, so it was more comfortable that way. But, I now realize that I really missed out. Lately, I have gotten close to a lot of different people. And, I cherish each of their friendships for a variety of different reasons. And, I am just overwhelmed by the encouraging words and offers of support that they have given me.
I know that I can't do everything myself and I am so thankful to have so many people in my life to lift me up and keep me going.
My cousin just said to me, that she envied my love for life and ease for being happy and that I made being happy look so easy. All I can say is, that, it is a choice that I make everyday. I enjoy being happy and I try not to let people get me down. If I have a problem or worry, I talk about it. My husband is well aware, that if I am mad or worried about something, I can't sleep until it's resolved. Life's too short! Plus, it makes me happy to make others happy and I can't do that, if I'm not happy! Pretty profound huh?...or maybe just plain confusing. And, it makes me even happier to make people laugh! :)
Here are some of my favorite sayings...
Live Well...Laugh Often...Love Much
Laughter is the Best Medicine
You Don't Stop Laughing When You Grow Old...You Grow Old Because You Stop Laughing
Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get
And...my most favorite...Do as I say, not as I do!!  :)  I like that one because I have kids. ;)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You are such a sweet person! I love reading your blog!
Thanks for offering to go to the store for me today! It really meant a lot:-)
Cadence loves having you in Activity Days also!

The Whittacres said...

Happiness is not a choice you make anymore it comes naturally.

mylettersofhealing said...

Jill you are such a blessing and inspiration to those around you! All those that come in contact with you are changed for the better. And yes, you do make being happy look soooo easy :) I know I need to sit down and reflect more often on the blessings in my life. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration! Keep up the good work :)