Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week One

I wasn't able to weigh myself because my scale is possessed...likely story, I know. I got on the scale and weighed and then took a shower. After my shower, I lost almost 5 pounds. And I know I wasn't THAT dirty!! It was kinda nice though, I can't lie. This wasn't the first time my scale was indecisive though. So, I will buy a new scale and will soon have numbers posted to track my progress.
In the meantime, this is how my week went. As much as I love my kids, having all day to myself was WONDERFUL! I exercised, I ate better, I rested and I took time for me. I was happy when they were home though, I can only take so much of myself!
I have learned in the recent months that I need to be more patient with myself and not expect miraculous things to happen over night. And this is how I am approaching my weight loss. I know I have a lot of work to do and I know that I have a lot of bad habits. So, I am taking it one day at a time and making the small steps needed to reach the bigger goals. I am reading a book and it says to focus more on adding good habits into your routine rather than getting rid of bad habits. After the good habits are formed and used then the bad habits will likely disappear. I have also heard that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. So, again, I need to be patient!
I don't know how much weight I have lost (I believe I have lost some), but I do know that I have added in some good habits this week. And, I am proud of myself for the small changes I have made and I am ready to make even bigger changes this week. BRING IT ON!

No comments: