Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Organized Living

Organizing...I LOVE organizing! To the point that, I re-organize what I have just organized. Drives Mike CRAZY! Just when he or the kids get used to where something is...I change it. But, you know what I say to that? DEAL with it!! LOL! Love you guys... ;)
There is one thing about being this organized that is not helpful to me though. I have a hard time setting up a routine, because I am always thinking of a "better" way of doing it. Don't get me wrong...we do have to adjust our routines based on kids getting older, new activities, etc. BUT...things don't change that much...at least not on a weekly basis.
There are so many things that need to be organized in order to run a family in the most productive way...and all while keeping peace and unity. Oh! And don't forget, it has to be fair! But, the one thing that I struggle with, when it comes to setting up an organized routine, is transferring my thoughts onto paper and figuring out how to execute my plan. My mind is the clearest and most creative when I lay down in bed at night ready to fall asleep OR when I am driving alone. Neither way is ideal for writing down my thoughts. So, I have to remember them later...which is never quite the same. I will have ALL these great ideas and then I'll sit down ready to create my plan (or chart) and then, I'll draw a blank. Frustrating!!
I have lots of reasons/excuses of why I have not been able to lose weight. Mainly because, I have had most of my life to come up with these reasons/excuses...so some are actually, really pretty good (in my mind). One thing though, I do not like to blame anybody else for my weight problems. My feeling is, that I am responsible for what I put in my mouth...plain and simple! Nobody else. Regardless of how old I was or am.
Now, getting back to my love of organizing. My new favorite reason/excuse for not losing weight is, that I am not organized enough. Sounds logical, right? This is why I have been so desperately working on a meal-plan. But, here's where I "sabotage" myself. I frequently let reasons/excuses or the "unexpected" override any preperations that I have done. I find it too easy to revert to what I am "comfortable" with. Which is...eating out (poorly) and eliminate exercising.
So, this is what I need to learn and do. I need to learn to tell myself... "NO!". Boy, do I hate the sound of that! What I mean by that is, telling myself "no" to taking the easy road or the more familiar road. My lack of self-discipline is the only real reason that I have not lost weight. I mean...I have the resources that I need...I have the support that I need...I have the desire that I need. I just need the self-discipline to organize a plan and stick with it, no matter what comes up.
You know, we all get in our comfort zones. And, for me, as terrible as it is...my comfort zone is eating like crap...eating a lot...and sitting on my butt. Which is NOT the example I want to set for my kids! But, what's great and sometimes unexpected is, that I believe there are certain people that are brought into our lives at the right time. And, these people all come into our lives for different reasons, but in the end it's for a common goal. And, since I have opened up with my thought processes and struggles and let people into my journey, I have had help coming from all kinds of people.
A huge set back of mine is that, I don't like to push myself...so, I don't. That's why it's nice when these people step out and work their magic. I have been inspired by these people in so many ways. Some  have inspired me to be adventerous with food...to the point where I am tossing around the idea of creating a food blog. Still figuring out how I want to "organize"it. Some have inspired me to become more crafty which in turn has helped me find my outlet again. Some have inspired me to just be patient with myself and have faith. And, some have inspired me to challenge myself and set a goal for something that is so far out of my comfort zone that it terrifies me.
All of these people have made such a huge, yet different impact on me. And, I know that my life is changing for the better. I am constantly learning new things and trying to stay open-minded and willing to listen to the things that are hard to hear. All of the pieces are gradually falling into place. And, what an awesome feeling that is!

No comments: